Monday, March 2, 2009

Grownup Decisions

For the past 3 years I've been evaluating and trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. At times, I was caught up in my current job and paying bills, and at other times I was/am caught up in making it happen. I'm hoping making it happen is the stronger case. I've been wanting to pursue some form of counseling for many years now...I just wasn't sure what direction to go. I've researched and interviewed several people on their experiences. I've decided I'd like to pursue a career as a high school guidance counselor. In order to do this I'll have to go back to school for a master's degree. I've found one school I really like, nearby and small. The school offers a MA in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Secondary School Counseling. I have finally made a decision and now I have several hoops to jump through in order to fulfill the prereqs! I'm trying to focus on the ultimate goal...but it's crazy that I spent thousands on a social sciences degree and now I need to take more classes to get into grad school...all well worth it...I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm officially back in school! I'm now enrolled in my second class, Introduction to Counseling at Rosemont College. I'm enrolled in the Counseling Psychology graduate program.

    ReplyDelete